In this Holi season, here is the recipe of one of the most loved desserts in India, Khaas Malpooi by Executive Chef Shivan Khanna, Taj Hotel and Convention Centre, Agra.
The colourful festival comes up with the celebration of sweets and mesmerizing desserts. For your family and friends, this Khaas Malpooi would be a delight to be served.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 100 gm carrot
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 10 gm pistachios
- 20 gm khoya
- 20 gm refined flour
- 20 gm ready made rabri
- 20 ml ghee
- 30 ml condensed milk
- 5 gm aniseed
- 10 gm powdered green cardamom
- 10 gm almonds
- To prepare this delicious dessert, first cook the carrot halwa using the carrots, milk, ghee, pistachio flakes, and cardamom powder. Once done, keep it aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, milk, flour, mawa (khoya), aniseed and cardamom powder properly. Using this mixture prepare crepes in a non-stick pan.
- Once done, stuff the crepes with the gajar ka halwa. Cut into desired shapes.
- Transfer the stuffed crepes to a serving platter. Place them on one corner alongside the bed of sugar-free saffron rabri. Garnish with flaked pistachios and almonds. Serve
Enjoy the HOLI Party
Mr. Shivan Khanna, Executive Chef, Taj Hotel & Convention Centre, Agra
Chef Shivan Khanna comes with over 14 years of experience, having graduated from CAI
(Culinary academy of India, Hyderabad). He was selected for Taj Management Training
program. In the year 2006 he got posted at Taj Bengal, Kolkata. He then moved to Taj Mahal,
New Delhi as Sous Chef taking care of the banquets. In the year 2012 he was promoted as
Executive Sous Chef. In this tenure, he got the opportunity to cater various heads of state
including Indian Prime Minister and President at the Rashtrapati Bhavan and the PM house. He
has been recently appointed as Executive Chef at Taj Hotel & Convention Centre, Agra. He
has passion to continuously learn and explore his craft. He brings with him understanding of
the evolving hospitality industry and food trends.